Child Care Apprenticeships – Teach… Nurture… Love
Your task will be to help children to communicate with the world using all their potential, strengths and their language to overcome any obstacle presented by their culture. You’ll have a real interest in helping the child learn, develop and grow in all different areas. Every child is born a naturalist, their eyes are, by nature, open to the glories of the stars, the beauty of the flowers and the mystery of life.
What will a child care Apprenticeship involve?
Child care can involve working with three distinct groups: babies and toddlers, children under 5, and then kids up to 15 years old. The services and roles that you learn about would include: child development, child minding, nursery nurse, care worker, youth support worker, after school activities, teaching assistant, au pair and child health care.
- Be trained in the role of a Nursery Officer
- Contribute in providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual
- Care for children placed in the nursery
- Give support to other personnel in the Nursery
- Implement the daily routine in the room
- Work together as a team supporting each other for the benefit of the children
- Liaise with Parent’s and Carer’s sharing information about their child’s development Where required attend College and complete assignments on time
- Deliver a programme of exciting play opportunities and activities suitable to the age range and developmental needs of the children in your room which will motivate their learning and integration within the nursery
Facts and Figures
London is the most populated city in the UK, so there will always be the necessity for child care workers. The days are long gone since it was expected of the woman to stay at home and take care of the children. Many women within today’s society are extremely work driven causing a decline of the stereotypical ‘home mother’. Just one in 10 women stay at home often opting for child minders and nursery’s to deliver for their child.
It’s not just what you do with the children in child care, it’s what you teach them to do for themselves. It takes a big heart to shape little minds.
Find Child Care Apprenticeships at Careermap