1st Line IT Engineer Apprentice – Cambridge (CB4) – 16231
This listing has expired
We are a Managed Service Provider/IT consultancy offering a wide range of services, equipment and support to a diverse customer base across East Anglia (and beyond).
Job overview / purpose
Having grown constantly since 2010, we are looking for another engineer to join our busy and excellent team, supporting customers with the entire range of systems (Windows/Linux/Mac, networks, web hosting, telecoms. copiers etc)
We are looking for a truly technical person who is passionate about delivering the highest levels of customer support and copes well with a busy and varied working environment.
So if you’re someone who’s regularly asked by friends and family to help with IT issues, then apply now!
- Provide first line support to customers in person, by phone and email
- Deal with IT systems installations and configuration, including Windows desktops/laptops, printers, WiFi
- On-site customer installations including network cabling
- Assisting with IT stock management and customer asset management
- Writing and maintaining IT documentation, internal and customer
A typical day could include a range of tasks from creating an Office 365 mailbox, installing a printer driver, building a new laptop, configuring an IP handset or installing a wireless access point – it will always be busy and varied and will frequently involve a new system or technology to get your head around.
- A strong interest in IT and technology in general
- Demonstrable skills with Microsoft desktop technologies – Windows 10 etc, MS Office Apps
- Some understanding of networking, firewalls, wireless, internet connections, DNS, DHCP
- Logical thinking and good problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a good attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- A diligent, adaptable, hard-working team player
- A passion/drive for providing the best customer support
- Approachable and comfortable with customer interaction
This role will be based at our offices in North Cambridge, and will involve occasional onsite work – so having a UK driving license and proximity to Cambridge will be highly beneficial, but not essential.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
40 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£15,000 – £18,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects
You will have the opportunity to progress onto Level 4.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV