1st Line –Service Desk Engineer
This listing has expired
Behind every forward thinking, tech savvy business is a team of Technical support engineers working hard to keep everything operational! If you think you have what it takes to work as part of a fast-paced team, then keep reading as The GCI Group have the perfect opportunity for you.
The GCI Group are considered within the IT industry as one of the nation’s leading providers of managed services. With an ever-expanding base of clients up and down the country they have an immediate need for Technical Specialists.
To provide the first point of professional contact for GCI’s Managed Service customers with the aim to fix on first contact. This will be achieved by troubleshooting and diagnosis and where this cannot be resolved ensuring the effective escalation to 2nd line for resolution. The target resolution rate is greater than 85% of all incidents.
No experience is needed! The Training Room will partner you with a course that will cover everything and get you the certification you need, so don’t let a lack of experience hold you back from your dream job, you could be qualified in under 3 months.
The course will allow you to become certified in:
• Microsoft Networking Fundamentals (MTA)
• CompTIA Network+
• Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
What will you be doing?
• Monitoring all notifications and resolve alerts
• Installing all relevant security updates
• Providing ongoing system maintenance to GCI clients
• Upgrading physical and digital systems
• Incident Management
• Following all Process Compliance procedures
What will you be working on?
• Network security
• Wireless (AP’s and controllers)
• Storage (Servers, SAN, NAS, virtualisation)
• Networking (Routing and Switching)
• Disaster Recovery and Back Up
You will also be expected to act in accordance with GCI’s corporate security standard.
The first step towards getting somewhere in life, is to decide you aren’t happy staying where you are. Pursue a career you dream about, and you may never have to make that decision again.
REGISTER YOUR CV