1st Line Support Apprentice – Watford (WD25) – 14005
This listing has expired
There is often someone practical in the family or neighbourhood that everyone turns to for help with their computers, TV or other gadgets. That person is always happy to help. Is that person you?
Currently, we have a position available for a 1st Line Support apprentice. The role will initially be for 12 months but may possibly continue to a permanent role. During this time, you will receive classroom-based training as well as on the job training.
IGD is a fast growing organisation that is involved within the international food and grocery industry, respected for its expertise and the quality of information and insight. To that end the business has a very active in-house IT team, working on its internal infrastructure and applications as well as its external facing web sites. The business takes pride in keeping its systems up to date so you will have the benefit of working with the latest software and equipment.
The role we provide will compile a vast range of skills including Networking, Mobile and OS, Cloud Services, Business Processing. For this reason, we are looking for a hardworking, organised yet fun loving individual that has a passion for IT and is willing to learn.
- Building PC’s and laptops to specification
- Installing software onto computers.
- On-site/remote troubleshooting.
- Answering support desk calls.
- Moving equipment around the office. (Health & Safety training will be provided)
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- General TCP networking
- Experience with iPhones/iPads
- Non-technical qualities that we are looking for:
- Passionate about computers
- Ability to communicate at all levels with diplomacy and discretion
- Able to provide excellent customer service
- Work as part of a team
- Methodical and highly organised approach to work
- Own car or transport is essential as IGD is not accessible by public transport
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Formal training
- On the job training with three other people in an experienced team gaining experience in marketable technology.
- Benefits such as a pension, private health care and even a free lunch
- Opportunity for a full time role once you complete the apprenticeship
Qualifications (Additional Information):
- Although we do not require any previous professional experience in IT, we do require you to have at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9)
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV