1st Line Technical Support Apprentice – Daventry LSAIT – DAV - NN11
This listing has expired
Salary: Up to £7,800 per annum
This role is part of a remote team and the Support function must be continuously available during working hours (08:00 – 18:00). The team will work on a rota basis (7.5 hour shifts +1 hr lunch) to ensure relevant cover is always available during these hours.
In the role of 1st Line Technical Support Apprentice, the Support Technician is responsible for the initial response to all new calls for our customer. Those which can be resolved by first line technical support are followed through to completion; those which require a deeper knowledge of a particular subject are escalated to the appropriate 2nd or 3rd line support engineers.
• Logging and prioritisation of incidents worked on, based on impact the problem is having on the customers business.
• Awareness of response targets and team performance associated with them.
• Response to all new incidents for customers within the SLA for that particular incident, setting the customer expectation regarding response and keeping the customer up to date with the status and progress throughout ownership or the life of the call.
• Vetting of calls from a technical perspective to ascertain the best method of resolution.
• Diagnosis and resolution of incidents that can be achieved within approximately 1 hour.
• Use of the RMS system in line with procedures, such that the database records accurately the response and fix times of the call as well as the work done and other notes which may be useful.
• Monitor un-responded calls, and escalate where necessary to get calls responded to.
• Manage open calls, checking with 3rd parties for updates, and chasing where necessary.
• Perform daily backup checks for customers.
• Perform user administration for customers.
• Strive to ensure constant device and monitoring service availability for customers.
• PC, TC, Laptop, Server system builds and commissioning, training and supervising this work within the Support Team when time allows.
• Investigation work on more complicated 2nd Line Support Calls if time allows.
• Assistance with on site work as required.
• Covering absence and busy periods for On-site Support Technicians as required.
Looking for candidates with a keen interest in IT, naturally inquisitive and able to problem solve. You will be a good communicator, passionate about customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain on the job training whilst also gaining that all important Microsoft qualification. For the right person there will be a potential permanent role where you can progress from 1st through to 3rd line support.
IT Skills Management is the most successful company in placing apprentices in the IT sector and 92% of Microsoft IT Apprentices stay with the company with which they started their apprenticeship. We have a unique relationship with Microsoft and are their official partner for their highly accredited Apprenticeship Program, which has been designed for and developed by Microsoft Partner companies to help bring new talent into the industry. With various reports stating there is a large shortage of IT skills, which are needed to help the economic growth, this is an ideal time to join the IT industry.
Please note that full government funding is only available to candidates aged between 16 and 18 years and part funding may be available for those under the age of 24.
REGISTER YOUR CV