A330 A340 UK Cheif Engineers Team Graduate 10371770
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Start Date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: up to 13 months
This position is in the Chief Engineers team which is accountable for the airworthiness and safety of the wing, landing gear, fuel
and inerting systems for the A330/A340 family of aircraft. The Chief Engineering team additionally lead development projects by
specifying customer requirements and managing the engineering teams to deliver an integrated solution, and support the
product in service by ensuring continued Airworthiness.
The successful candidate will get involved in the following tasks:
– Work with the Chief Engineering team leaders on product evolution of the A330 and A340 defining aircraft technologies and
requirements, attending regular team meetings and contributing to product development across Wing design, Landing Gear
systems and Fuel Systems.
– Continuous development of the existing fleet through the management of modification projects. This involves liaising and
coordinating with a number of technical teams (Engineering, Airworthiness, Safety, Procurement etc.) to ensure an integrated
solution is achieved quickly and efficiently.
– Improve the team’s processes via a number of internal improvement projects.
Benefits of working in this team:
– Gain a top level appreciation of aircraft development and an understanding of the decision making processes involved in the
– Flexibility and autonomy on task involvement across a range of disciplines through the support of the Fuel Systems, Wing
Structure and Landing Gear Chief Engineers.
– Multiple live projects with a large degree of variability allow for a quick learning curve and an opportunity to make a tangible
– Work with a highly experienced team able to pass on knowledge in a live project environment.
Must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement studying towards a degree in the following:
– Working towards a degree in a relevant engineering discipline as an academic qualification for eventual membership of a
professional engineering institution
– Regular user of Microsoft Office
– Good written and spoken English with the ability to write reports and create and deliver presentations
– Project Management approach to delivering objectives with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
– Confident personality capable of explaining a situation accurately and concisely to the individuals and teams involved.
– Comfortable with taking the initiative and working independently to meet team objectives.
– Student membership of a relevant Institution
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV