Accident & Emergency /General ophthalmology Clerical Officer EC1V 2PD
This listing has expired
• Ensure that the telephone is answered promptly at all times
• Filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying
• Record the patient’s attendance at Accident & Emergency and clinic
• Following attendance, record outpatient outcomes
• Book appointments for diagnostic purposes in liaison with the appropriate departments
• Open and sort incoming mail
• Issues and/or problems are identified with appointment booking, highlight these with clinicians, ensuring they are addressed appropriately
• Assist with reception telephone calls and enquires from staff members, patients and carers
• Send out clinic appointment letters promptly in order for patients to receive them in sufficient time for their appointment
• Ensure that any notes requiring collection or delivery are stacked and labelled appropriately at the end of each clinic
• Polite and helpful attitude
• Commitment to delivering patient-centred services
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to deal with queries over the phone and in person
• Ability to work within a team in a multi-disciplinary service
• Computer literate
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Previous experience carrying out administrative duties
• Education to GCSE level (including English and maths to GCSE A-C)
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week between 07:30am -22:00pm Monday to Sunday (rota)
Please be on time and dressed smartly.
Please think about the role you would be performing and try to understand the key tasks – ask your Jobwise Training CRM if you are unsure of anything.
Please remember to research the company. You will need to remember 3 things about the company from their website as you will be asked this question in interview.
Please remember to think of some questions to ask during your interview – these can be about the company or the industry. It is important to have at least one question planned.
Company: Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Address: 162 City Rd, London EC1V 2PD
REGISTER YOUR CV