Accounting Technician Apprentice AAT (Id:78303)
This listing has expired
Employer: Rayner Essex
Location: St Albans
Wage: £196.00 Per Week
Hours: 35.00 Per Week
A well-established accountancy practice based St Albans are currently seeking to recruit an aspiring accountant of the future, with an AAT level 3 Apprenticeship available.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our firm as an apprentice, to work within the Accounting Solutions Department in our St Albans office. The successful candidate will enjoy plenty of practical, on-the-job training and we provide support to study for a nationally recognised professional qualification with the Association of Accountancy Technicians (AAT).
Our Accounting Solutions Department provides a wide range of services to clients, including accounts preparation, bookkeeping and the production of management accounts and information. The main duties for this position will involve working on the books and records of clients. This will involve processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT.
The ideal candidate will be interested in a career in accountancy, be computer literature and they will have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Learn to record sales and purchase invoices
- Learn to record bank payments and receipts
- Learn to complete bank reconciliations
- Learn to complete VAT returns
- Learn to complete small accounts and management accounts assignments
- Learn to use accounting packages such as SAGE, Quickbooks, Xero, CCH accounts
- Participate in the organisation and prioritisation of workloads in order to meet deadlines and maintain high standards at all times.
- Undertake general office duties, including filing and photocopying, and assist colleagues within the department as a whole.
- Participate in team meetings
Wage – National Minimum wage by age
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A-C grade in English, including Maths and English at grade B or above.
2 A-levels at A-C grade preferable.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email
- Ability to organise self to complete tasks fully and on time
- Ability to check for accuracy and give attention to detail
- Good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Understanding of a customer focussed service
- Good team worker
AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians As an Accountancy Apprentice with Kaplan, you will complete the AAT qualification, of which we deliver Level 2 (Certificate) Level 3 (Diploma) & Level 4 (Diploma). The AAT qualification will be completed at a Kaplan training centre or via the Live Online Learning platform. Apprenticeships will include the NVQ, Technical Certificate, Functional Skills (if required) and ERR.
REGISTER YOUR CV