Accounts Assistant (Id:78214)
This listing has expired
Employer: Igloo Energy
Wage: £307.50 Per Week
Hours: 37.50 Per Week
A rare opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing start-up energy supplier as an Accounts Assistant. Igloo Energy are looking for a bright and ambitious candidate, who is looking to begin their career in accountancy, studying the AAT Level 3.
Key tasks and duties will include:
- Reconciling purchase invoices to backing data and entering them into accounting system
- Daily collateral monitoring and reporting
- Setting up payments in online banking
- Supporting the month end reporting process
- Liaising with other departments
Many of the day to day tasks will require a highly numerical skill set due to the nature of the industry. Further tasks and responsibilities as knowledge and skill grow. The successful candidate will work closely with the financial controller (chartered accountant) who will provide regular support and on the job training.
Upon successful application you will be asked your daily commute, therefore please check this before applying. The employer would be looking for a candidate to commute no longer than 1 hour.
3 A levels at grades A*-C including Mathematics
GCSE’s including Maths and English grades A-C
- Comfortable with Microsoft excel
- Highly numerical
14 – 16 months
You will cover a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
REGISTER YOUR CV