Activity Leadership Apprentice VAC-27851
This listing has expired
Cotgrave Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as a Activity Leadership Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Activity Leadership!
You will also work towards your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing and Leisure Operations Level 2 (Which is included in the Activity Leadership Level 2)
Your duties will include:
– Your role will mainly be based around the pool doing LIFEGUARDING
– Provide exceptional customer service to all members
– Ensuring the centre is always clean and tidy
– Assisting with gym tours and inductions
– Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
– Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
– Creating personal exercise places for members
– Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
– To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
– To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Activity Leadership NVQ Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification, Fitness Instructing Certificate (Included in the Activity Leadership NVQ)
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 32 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £112.00
Application Deadline: 08-01-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-01-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV