Activity Leadership Apprenticeship – Lifeguarding and Fitness Instructing VAC-32265
This listing has expired
The Olympiad Leisure Centre are offering a great opportunity to embark upon a multi-skilled apprenticeship where you will work towards your Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership.
This will mean that on completion of the Apprenticeship you will be a qualified Lifeguard and gym instructor, but also gain experience on reception. This qualification will give you the opportunity to pursue your future career in the leisure industry and further specialise in any of these departments.
This will be a varied role within the Leisure Centre and your main duties will include:
• Make sure safety standards are followed
• Check that life-saving equipment is in full working order
• Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
• Deal with minor injuries and accidents.
• Maintain the vigilant supervision of the pool users ensuring their safety at all times
• Carry out effective pool rescues, resuscitation and first aid as needed.
• Plan and implement training programmes for individuals within the gym
• Conduct Inductions into the gym
If you do not already hold your NPLQ, you will put on the course and must pass in order to continue with the apprenticeship.
Flexibility towards the hours and role are essential as you will be required to work on a shift-rota basis including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Shift work
Weekly Wage : £210.00
Application Deadline: 18-06-2018
Possible Start Date : 25-06-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV