Activity Leadership Multi-Skilled Apprenticeship
Activity Leadership Multi-Skilled Apprenticeship VAC-36258
Erith Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and be part of a professional, friendly team working in a multi skilled role as a lifeguard and leisure assistant!
90% of your time throughout the Apprenticeship will be based around the pool completing Lifeguarding and Leisure Attendant Duties. The other 10% of your Apprenticeship will be based within the gym completing duties to gain your Fitness Instructing Technical Certificate.
A multi –skilled assistant is responsible for delivering an excellent service to all customers within their various disciplines. This includes responsibility for safety of customers in the swimming pool area and dealing with all general and sales enquiries as per procedure. Front line staff are the first point of contact with customers and will need strong communication and social skills.
The programme is 12 months in duration and the Apprenticeship scheme is provided in conjunction with Lifetime Training, one of the UK’s leading Training, Apprenticeship & Recruitment specialists.
Your duties will include:
– Provide exceptional customer service to all members
– To cover lifeguard positions when needed – Ensuring safety in and around the pool
– Keeping the leisure centre and pool clean and tidy at all times to the highest possible hygiene standard
– Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
– To cover reception and deliver excellent customer service
– Delivering effective new member gym inductions
– Ensuring safety within the gym environment
– Showing members how to use machines and equipment within the gym
– The Activity Leadership Multi Skilled qualification will allow you to gain your Leisure Operations Level 2, Gym Instructing Level 2 and National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification.
– To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 32 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £150.00
Application Deadline: 26-02-2019
Possible Start Date : 05-03-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV