Administrative Support Apprentice
Administrative Support Apprentice VAC-46849
A carer is someone who provides support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems. All the care they give is unpaid.
A carer could be a spouse, partner, parent, sibling, child, friend or any other relation. Anybody from any background and of any age can be a carer and each carer’s experience is unique to their own circumstances.
Just as the reasons why someone becomes a carer vary greatly, the variety of tasks that a carer takes on can be broad. They can include practical tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing up, ironing, paying bills, financial management and engaging appropriate services; personal care such as bathing, dressing, lifting, administering medication and collecting prescriptions; and emotional support such as listening, advocacy, problem solving, motivating and companionship.
Taking on a caring role can mean facing a life of poverty, isolation, frustration, ill health and depression. Many carers go unidentified until many years into their caring role and the majority struggle alone unaware that help is available to them. Families affected by illness or disability are facing tough times at the moment and it has never been more important that they know their rights.
– Answer the telephone, take messages / update relevant systems where staff member is unavailable
– Assist with photocopying and filing as required
– Assist with mail outs and forwarding email enquiries
– Assist with the maintenance of various record keeping systems and databases, for example CSC’s case management system Charity Log
– Assist with the coordination of our ‘Free Family Days Out’ scheme
– Liaise with families and professionals, as requested by the line manager
2. Young Carer Activity Support
– Assist the Coordinator in organising and preparing for young carers events and activities
– Assist in supporting staff and volunteers with administration connected these [events and activities]
– Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CSC’s policies and procedures.
– Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post, as agreed with the Young Carers Service Manager or members of the Senior Management Team.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Business & Admin
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week not including 30 minutes unpaid lunch break.
Weekly Wage : £146.25
Application Deadline: 07-10-2019
Possible Start Date : 14-10-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV