Aged 16 – 19 and looking for a career in Motor vehicle industry in the Lowestoft area?
This listing has expired
This opportunity is ideal for someone wanting a career in the Motor Vehicle industry. You will gain valuable work experience, and will be supported into an apprenticeship/traineeship. You may be able to earn a bursary of up to £40 per week while you learn.
YMCA Training is a national charity that has an impressive track record of transforming the lives of young people and adults through work-related Apprenticeship training and employment support. We believe in setting inspiring goals and working closely with individuals and employers throughout the UK to develop personal, vocational and work-related skills that lead to employment.
Our study programmes offer you a chance to progress onto further training such as an apprenticeship or into employment, helping you to understand what jobs are right for you, what is expected from you and develop those skills.
Our study programmes offer:-
- A government bursary paid into your bank account.
- Level 1 Diploma in Transport Maintenance.
- And if your maths and English is something you wish to improve then we will work towards you achieving GCSE standards.
- We provide small group classroom environments in a less formal environment than you might find in college.
- Dedicated centres have IT zones, Wi-Fi and an environment of respect and inclusion.
- 1 days’ work experience per week based in a garage with a local employer to gain invaluable mechanical knowledge and skills required to complete your qualification.
- Employability skills.
- You will have a dedicated tutor who will support you throughout the duration of your time on the study programme.
- On completion of the Study Programme we will support you to progress to either a Traineeship or Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or Vehicle Fitting with YMCA Training.
- All our vocational qualifications are accredited through IMI.
Working from our own centres and employer premises throughout England, we are part of Central YMCA established in 1844 as the world's founding YMCA. At YMCA training we are part of the world’s largest young people’s movement. For over 40 years we have been working with employers to give young people the confidence and skills to access a career.
During your programme you will receive one-on-one training to help you gain skills as well as help you decide what is the best suited career for you. We can offer you work experience with an employer and a recognised qualification to put on your CV highlighting your readiness for a career.
Apply now and you can be on the road to an exciting career in Motor Vehicle.
REGISTER YOUR CV