Airworthiness Graduate 10372741
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates with the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills,
over the 2/3 year period it combines rational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as
well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities
that exist within your function, the wider business areas and even with customers and suppliers. This along with training
provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes
The role is on the Airbus Graduate Programme with a target area of the Airworthiness Department.
The Airworthiness Office leads the functions that allows Airbus to be a Type Certificate Holder / Type Certificate Applicant for its
products. The department represents Airbus in the rulemaking process of all major Aviation Authorities and manages the
relationships with all authorities & organisations which hold responsibilities over national and international aviation regulations
and their implementation. Airworthiness is a part of Architecture & Integration, which focuses on the entire aircraft as an
integrated product. The department operates in a fully transnational way and in the UK is divided into a series of local
Programme Continued Airworthiness Teams and an Airworthiness Technical Domain.
This role will be based in Bristol, Filton (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus UK Graduate programme benefit
package including an annual salary of £27,000.00 per year – plus a welcome payment of £2,000.00
– Obtaining and maintaining the Type Certificates and Operational Suitability Certificates of all Airbus products with EASA and
local Aviation Authorities
– Providing/obtaining approval of all changes to Type Design for Airbus products
– Providing Airbus customers with airworthiness services such as approved repairs, customisation adaptations, etc.
– Monitoring the safety of Airbus products and undertaking any necessary remedial action
– Investigation of In-Service, Engineering and Manufacturing Occurrences to ensure safety assessment, the development of
solutions and modifications (if applicable), and reporting to Airworthiness Authorities (e.g. EASA, FAA etc.)
– Representing Airbus in rulemaking activities, as well as gathering and disseminating regulatory knowledge and expertise within
– Developing Airbus relations with aviation authorities and international organisations that have jurisdiction over Airbus
customers, partners or suppliers
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience
Educated to degree level (2:1 or above) or equivalent within one the following disciplines;
– Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems or Electrical Engineering with an interest in Law
– Aerospace and Software Engineering
– Professional Engineering
– Engineering Management
– Engineering Operations and Improvement
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– An Engineering Internship or Aerospace-based projects during academic studies would be desirable.
Please demonstrate your wider interest in the aerospace industry and motivation for this Graduate position within a covering
letter and CV.
Following application to this position you may be invited to undertake a number of selection activities including online testing and
attending an assessment centre.
Please note that online tests must be complete within 7 days of invitation.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible
facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV