Allport Cargo Services- IT Apprentice
This listing has expired
Allport Cargo Services are a global supply chain and logistics company. We are one of the UK’s largest freight forwarders and have been a significant force in the industry for over 50 years.
Now part of the Cargo Services Group of companies, Allport was founded in 1963, by two young entrepreneurs ahead of their time. Since our inception, our culture has always been to make our customers’ lives simpler. The company flourished, and grew to become one of the UK’s leading independent freight forwarders and logistics providers.
The primary role of the IT apprentice is to. Logging and resolving service desk calls and visiting area offices providing support if necessary.
1. Act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and Self Service from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
2. 1st line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as mobile devices, Laptops, PCs and Printers
3. Regularly review and update incidents, ensuring that all tickets are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner and the customer is kept up to date.
4. Making effective use of all IT Service Desk tools including the call logging software, remote control tools and knowledge banks.
5. Advising the Service Desk Manager of any potential customer issues or complaints.
6. To work pro-actively in the department to help minimise any future problems.
7. Liaising with External suppliers to help resolve incidents and problems.
8. Carry out moves and changes as required
9. Participate in projects and infrastructure changes
10. Recommend practices or solutions to provide an improved service.
11. Complete apprenticeship programme within set timelines
12. Undertake any other duties commensurate to the job as may be reasonably required
English and Maths A-C Grade GCSE or Level 2 English and Maths
Any industry related certifications are desirable not essential.
Understands and applies the basic elements and architecture of computer systems.
Working knowledge of business IT skills
relevant to the organisation
Knowledge of networking – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
Cabling and connectivity
Flexible approach to working practices
Willingness to undertake further self-development
Good verbal communication.
A “hands on attitude”
REGISTER YOUR CV