Apprentice Admin Assistant 30551 30551
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to join a law firm based in the City Centre. You will provide secretarial and admin support to fee earners, primarily in the Crime and Prison Law Department but any other departments as and when necessary.
A normal day would include:
• Typing of letters and file notes from the digital dictation system, and filing copies in the client/pending files
• Opening/closing files on quill
• Time recording of documents typed onto the quill system
• Dealing with new enquiries either in writing or via telephone
• Recording new enquiries on enquiries spreadsheet/database
• Sending out letters/client information packs to new enquiries
• Liaising with clients and third parties such as courts, prisons, CPS, probation, parole board etc
• Booking prison visits/video links/meetings
• Ensuring that there is always a supply of departmental forms and that files are made up, ready for use
• Covering reception when required and answering any overflow calls
• Any other general admin duties as and when required (faxing, photocopying etc)
• Any other ad hoc tasks as may be required from time to time
• Providing first point of contact for clients, new enquiries and third parties either in person, via telephone, via email, or in writing and directing these appropriately
• Speaking to/corresponding with clients, enquiries and third parties in a polite, friendly and professional manner, taking messages when required
• Maintaining the reception area ensuring it is kept tidy and presentable at all times
• Opening the post, date stamping and handing out to the relevant departments
• Scanning post to fee earners not based in the office
• Collecting the post from the post trays in the afternoon, putting it in envelopes and stamping/franking it ready for collection
• Keeping a record of special delivery / recorded deliveries received and sent.
• Tracking recorded deliveries and special deliveries, advising staff members if it hasn’t been delivered and keeping copies of signed proof of delivery
• Regularly checking the info inbox and forwarding them on to the relevant department
• Booking meetings, providing refreshments and ensuring the meeting room is always tidy and presentable
• Doing monthly stationery stock checks, ordering stationery, and keeping the stationery room tidy and in good order
• Ordering files from archive, keeping a record of which files have been handed out to fee earners and maintaining the archive spreadsheets
What you could go on to do:
A long-term career is available for the right person.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
GCSE maths and English A-C/4-9
• Able to empathise and communicate with a diverse range of individuals
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and customers at all levels
• Adaptable and flexible
• Self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as required, without prompting
• Able to work alone under own initiative and also as part of a team, being supportive to colleagues
• Friendly and approachable manner
• Very smart appearance
• GSCE (or equivalent), with at least English and maths at Grade C or above.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Basic numeric skills – being able to do basic calculations.
• Willingness to learn how to use unfamiliar equipment or computer programmes etc.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot errors and question information received.
• Good computer skills – and knowledge of how to use Outlook, Word and Excel.
• To have an understanding of what is good customer service
REGISTER YOUR CV