Apprentice Administraion/Reception Assistant VAC-49006
This listing has expired
1. To receive all incoming calls to the service and deal appropriately in a courteous and helpful manner.
2. To deal with a range of queries from the public and other agencies in a polite and helpful manner, whilst working in reception. Also to deal with queries by telephone and seeking advice and guidance from team secretaries or lead admin.
3. To take and promptly pass on accurate notes and information, exercising independent judgement and discretion when handling, monitoring and filtering calls within data protection, customer care and confidentiality guidelines.
4. To ensure that calls from anxious and distressed patients and carers are dealt with appropriately and referred to the correct system internally.
5. To process new referrals and open RiO records.
6. To manage the clinic system and inform clinicians of their appointment arrivals.
7. To co-ordinate and oversee room bookings and report any problems as appropriate.
8. To book interpreters for client appointments and monitor confirmation of bookings and action as appropriate.
9. To keep the stationery cupboard neat and to ensure there is an adequate supply stationery items by compiling a list of required items for the admin responsible for ordering.
10. To update patient information on files and on the service IT database systems ensuring data quality is monitored and any concerns raised.
11. To undertake general office duties including: photocopying, collating, filing, laminating, faxing etc., as required.
12. To ensure that office equipment is maintained and reported for repair as necessary and that the office, reception area and waiting room is kept clean and tidy at all times.
13. To receive regular one to one supervision.
14. As a team member to work flexibly in order that essential priority tasks are covered and dealt with.
15. To use information technology for a range of purposes.
16. To report to the admin lead any issues that are of concern relating to health and safety of the building.
17. To have excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
18. To induct new staff to reception, filing and administration systems.
19. To have the ability to remain calm and sensitive in difficult and stressful situations.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Business & Admin
Working Week : Mon-Fri 37.5
Weekly Wage : £348.00
Application Deadline: 16-10-2019
Possible Start Date : 31-10-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV