APPRENTICE ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT 31477
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
Manchester Women Aid are looking for a professional and confident individual apprentice in business admin. You will become part of business admin team and will be awarded for your positive contribution with opportunities to learn and grow.
Please note this post is open to women only under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 part 1
A normal day would include
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
• Report any areas of concern regarding the cleanliness of the building including internal and external areas.
• Meet and greet – being first point of contact by answering intercom.
• Conduct daily visual checks for repair and maintenance requirements.
• Toilet checks, supply of refreshments, printer to ensure supply of paper.
• Monitoring signing in sheets and filing them every day.
• Filing completed invoices
• Assisting with finance administration, providing reception services, organising travel arrangements, using Internet searches and the like to source equipment and services
• Monitor maintenance of Pankhurst Centre garden
• Setting up rooms for training, meetings and any other events at the Pankhurst Centre as required.
• Ensure there is adequate crockery for use during Board and other meetings.
• Ensure supply of adequate refreshments for Board and other meetings.
• Check Pankhurst and MWA emails and forward onto relevant person if needed.
• Maintain toner levels of printing machines and request orders when necessary.
• Ensure supply of cleaning materials and light bulbs, toilet rolls and raise purchase orders.
• Keep cleaning cupboard in order to ensure stock visibility.
• Change light bulbs as necessary
• Support Senior Business Support Officer (SBSO) with maintaining an easy archiving system
• Receive and distribute mail.
• Ensure equipment and furniture is safe for use – cookers, microwave, dishwasher, chairs, and desks.
• Assist with the administration and maintain room booking calendar for Pankhurst Centre.
• To maintain effective stock management of office stationery and supplies.
• Allocate assets to staff – laptops, phones, ID badges
• Assist with the weekly and monthly Health and Safety checks – legionella checks, Fire safety checks, visual checks of fire extinguishers, H&S signage
• Monitor dates for maintenance of equipment and H&S statutory requirements and advise SBSO.
• At request of Heritage volunteers, replenish stock in the museum shop and record as necessary
• To identify own training and development needs and participate in all training courses relevant to Pankhurst Trust (Incorporating Manchester Women’s Aid) commitment to providing high quality services.
• To work at all times with due regard to the policies and procedures of the Pankhurst Trust (Incorporating Manchester Women’s Aid), including financial regulations, participating in their development and amendment where required.
• Willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours including evenings and weekends.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• GCSE English and Maths A-C/9-4
• Team player
• Good relations with colleagues
• Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills
REGISTER YOUR CV