Apprentice Administrator VAC-43153
You will be expected to work flexibly within the administrative team and contribute to the smooth functioning of the systems underpinning service to service users.
1. To ensure that all incoming post is date-stamped and distributed to the appropriate persons and that out-going mail is sorted according to internal, external departments and relevant agencies.
2. To take and promptly pass on accurate notes and information, exercising independent judgement and discretion when handling, monitoring and filtering calls within data protection, customer care and confidentiality guidelines.
3. To ensure that calls from anxious and distressed service/users, patients and carers are dealt with appropriately and referred to the correct system internally.
4. To co-ordinate and oversee room bookings and report any problems as appropriate.
5. To type correspondence and minutes when required
6. To enter basic information onto the Trust’s Datix database for the management of Claims and Inquests.
7. To maintain office filing systems and ensure information relating to service users is accessible to relevant staff, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
8. To maintain a standard filing system ensuring that the filing of patient notes, correspondence, questionnaires etc are kept up to date in line with record keeping policies.
9. To photocopy medical records for legal proceedings, with due regard to record keeping policies and Data Protection Act.
10. To ensure there is an adequate supply of all forms and adequate stationery supplies, letterheads, information leaflets, etc available for colleagues and service users.
11. To undertake general office duties including: scanning, photocopying, collating and binding of documents, filing, faxing etc as required.
12. To provide administrative support to the department.
13. To ensure that office equipment is maintained and reported for repair as necessary and that the office is kept clean and tidy at all times.
14. To receive regular one to one and team supervision from the Legal Services Officer.
15. As a member of the Legal Affairs Department, to work flexibly in order that essential priority tasks are covered and dealt with.
16. To use information technology for a range of purposes.
17. To report to the Legal Services Officer any issues that are of concern relating to health and safety of the building.
18. To have excellent verbal, written and communication skills
19. To induct new staff to filing and administration systems
20. To have the ability to remain calm and sensitive in difficult and stressful situations
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Business & Admin
Working Week : Mon- Fri 37.5 hours
Weekly Wage : £348.00
Application Deadline: 04-03-2019
Possible Start Date : 11-03-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV