Apprentice Administrator – London (SE17) – 16876
This listing has expired
We are a specialist Apple Mac Support Company. We help our clients keep their computers working by providing telephone, remote and onsite support.
Our clients include many well-known corporates & high street names.
Job overview / purpose:
You will be working with a fun team, supporting five full time engineers and two part time staff.
You will report directly to the Operations Director.
Organise & support the Support Desk
- Answering the telephone in the first instance & screening calls
- Log customer support calls by phone & email in our ticket system Commit
- Manage response times & keep clients updated
- Escalate telephone calls to a site visit when necessary (with help of Team Leader)
- Manage engineer diaries and allocate/monitor tasks set
- Process engineer timesheets & close jobs
- Ensure that all loan parts are recorded against all relevant jobs
- Liaise with Sales/Account Managers to obtain all relevant information for Site Surveys, New Client visits and arranging Installs
Work alongside Engineers
- Allocate work upon customer requirements & feedback from Help Desk Team Leader
- Monitor attendance, sickness & punctuality of all staff
- Act as first stage contact for engineers (arrive & leave site)
- Work closely with Help Desk Team Leader
- Schedule all IT Health Checks & Server checks in accordance to client contracts (Plan, allocate engineers, ensure completed paperwork passed onto Sales in a timely manner)
General office tasks/admin
- Opening & closing the office (Security, shutters & turn on washing machine at end of day)
- Greet visitors and provide refreshments
- Maintain records of staff holidays absence & punctuality
- Organise social events, staff meetings, evenings out & Christmas party
- Process engineer travel & other expense claims (Check claims valid/correct & process)
- Ordering stationery & office supplies when needed
- Source new suppliers as and when necessary
- Organise couriers & print all relevant invoices
- Petty cash/ process all staff claims & keep records for accountant
- Assist with accounts enquiries as & when required
- Update stock system with all incoming & outgoing stock
- Fire Marshall/ Also organise Fire Drills & keep relevant records
- Implement Health & Safety Policies
- First Aid Officer
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Used to working in a busy environment
- A multi-tasker with good attention to detail
- Proactive mind set
- Good telephone manner & excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Quick Books, Word, and Excel would be useful
- Having worked for an IT Support company would be a real plus
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
8.45am to 5.45pm,
40 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 to £14,000 per annum – this will be dependent on skills & previous experience.
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Basic pay plus
- Ability to earn commission
- Ability to earn annual bonus
- Monthly contribution towards mobile telephone costs
- Xmas, birthday gifts and employee of the month
- Free annual travel loan
- 20 days holiday plus 8BH increasing to 25 days with adds length of service
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV