Apprentice Buyer Administrator – Oxford (OX14) – 16198
This listing has expired
We are proud to have over 40 years’ experience of supporting education. As the leading supplier of technology to the sector, our history is as inspiring as our future. We are here to improve the lives of educational users from early years all the way through to professionals. Put simply, we help teachers teach and learners learn. Because that’s what each of us loves to do.
Why Work for RM:
- A chance to work in one of the UK’s leading employers (certified Top Employer UK for the 11th year running).
- Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT
- Working within the education IT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
- RM offers exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
- The role has a high degree of autonomy and combines broad technical exposure as well as the opportunity to develop client relationship management
Job overview / purpose
Working within the procurement department, in this role, you’ll provide support to the Category Manager in the delivery of the Hardware P&L (including Dell, Lenovo and HP).
In addition to providing supplier support, you will engage with suppliers and other teams internally.
- Assist the Category Manager with managing the product set
- Assist with email traffic by responding to queries promptly
- Support sourcing activities to define partner and product selection
- Develop knowledge of RM & procurement processes to be able to answer queries and assist stakeholders
- Build close working relationships with key sales and customer facing personnel
- Benchmark products and bids as required to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Active efforts, thoughts and ideas to help generate revenue and make improvements
- Assist the Category Manager with building and developing close working relationships with key supply partners
- Assist with Supplier Relationship Management programme (SRM)
- Attend and eventually run meetings where required
- Support the wider procurement team with other duties as required
- Good communicator
- Can multi-task
- Team player
- Work on own initiative
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
9am – 5:30pm,
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£13,000 per annum
- Private Health
- Childcare vouchers
- Critical illness
- Other flexible benefits
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV