Apprentice Cabling Designer 2019 – Degree level – Dartford
This listing has expired
About the role
Apprentice Cabling Designer – Degree Level – Dartford
Qualifications needed – 3 A levels (AAB) or BTEC Diploma DDD
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Dartford
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Designer. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Exposure to design activities within a niche area of electrical engineering and be part of a team delivering support to our operations teams.
You will study for and be expected to pass a Power Engineering Integrated Degree Apprenticeship over 6 years
What you’ll be doing
- Carry out 2D and 3D drawings under supervision to meet the needs of the business that includes:
- Managing requests in a structured manner
- Ensure drawings are technically robust and are buildable.
- Ensure all risks identified are communicated effectively to the operations or work winning teams
- Exposure to design activities under supervision of an experienced designer
- Liaison with individuals within the Design Engineers to ensure the best solutions are produced
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with the written standards and procedures and that all work complies with our
- Quality Control system.
- Adapt to clients’ drawing/document management protocols
- Build relationships with internal customers to ensure that there is a clear understanding of their requirements
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the BB Sustainability 2020 roadmap
Who we’re looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- A level AAB in Maths and Science or BTEC National Diploma DDD in Engineering; or
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths or Physical Science
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Full UK Driving Licence
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
REGISTER YOUR CV