Apprentice Care Assistant 30346 30346
This listing has expired
Blackrod House Residential Home have a great health and social care apprenticeship opportunity at their friendly supportive care home, based in Bolton. If you have a caring nature, and are looking to start a career in care, this is for you!
A normal day would include:
• Caring for the residents in a way that respects their dignity, privacy and independence
• Maintaining confidentiality on all aspects of care and work within the home
• Assisting residents with personal care which includes using the bath, bed bath or shower, foot and nail care, shampooing hair, helping a client shave, comb or brush hair, mouth care, denture care, helping the client use a bedpan, helping the client use a urinal, helping a client using the toilet, preparing for bed, getting out of bed, washing and dressing
• Helping residents with physical and mental activity – this could involve talking to them, taking them out for a walk or day trip, reading to them, writing on their behalf, assisting with their hobbies and recreation activities
• Learning the necessary skills to help care for dying residents
• Serving meals and other domestic duties you are qualified and trained to undertake
• Answering nurse call alerts, greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to emergencies
• Ensuring care notes and any other form of written report that affects your work are read and kept up to date
• Attending internal and external training as required
NOT: In addition to the responsibilities listed above it may be necessary to perform other duties not listed. Consideration will be given to your skills and status when requesting you to perform these duties.
Blackrod House Residential Care home provides residential care for the elderly and those living with dementia, Alzheimer’s and memory loss. The employer may require the successful candidate to complete a traineeship before starting the apprenticeship.
What you could go on to do:
You could progress onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
Good standard of maths and English
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Compassion, caring nature
• Well-motivated and enthusiastic
• Presentable appearance
• 100% Reliable
• Good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Commitment when undertaking any task
• Willingness to undertake any training provided
• Attention to detail
REGISTER YOUR CV