Apprentice Caretaker 30505 30505
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
Great Places Housing Group are seeking and apprentice caretaker to be responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, safety and repair to the estates, blocks and schemes, including community centres.
A normal day would include:
• Delivering a range of scheme and estate based services in Great Places neighbourhoods, ensuring customers receive a high quality, responsive and cost-effective service, which offers value for money
• Undertaking tasks that ensure the areas are clean, tidy and free from hazard
• Arranging and setting up venues for specific events.
• Where required undertake or assist in the undertaking of minor repairs
• Assisting with the disposal of waste bulky items, reporting and/or coordinating graffiti removal
• You will be required to assist in the testing of important equipment such as CCTV, Lifts and/or door entry systems.
• Assisting with grounds maintenance in making sure tasks are complete
• Ensuring the correct and proper use of all relevant equipment including fleet vehicles, tools, work wear, PPE and any other relevant equipment.
• Any other general labouring and housekeeping duties
You will attend various sites including but not limited to:
– Community centre
– Residential accommodation blocks
– Communal shared areas i.e. parks, green open space
What you could go on to do:
This apprenticeship position will provide you with the opportunity to complete the required training to become a qualified caretaker. There may be opportunities for successful applicants to progress into a permanent role with the employer or one of our partners. To partake in a work based accredited learning course to further enhance employment opportunities on completion of the role.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. The employer will also provide you with a workplace mentor to support your development within the role as well as lots of additional training and development opportunities and enable you to participate in a range of organisational projects to enhance the skills you develop even further.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
Educated to a minimum level 2 in English and maths
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
• Ability to, and comfortable with, making decisions supported by knowledge and experience
• Have a non judgemental approach and respectful of others.
• Willingness to undertake accredited training and to coach others where applicable
• Ability to quickly build rapport
• Possess a good team ethic and the ability to advise and assist others.
• Ability to provide assistance and guidance to customers.
• Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity
• Have a non-judgemental approach and respectful of others
• An ability to work in uncertainty and maintain a positive approach
• Motivation to work in housing services environment, and an ability to form personal and professional boundaries
• Commitment to work in partnership with others for the benefit of Great Places
• Willingness to work unsociable hours and Bank Holidays
• A requirement to meet the key criteria for and undertake training as required under the apprenticeship programme
• Methodical approach to solving queries
• Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
• Ability to interact with a wide range of people
• Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
• Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner when working under pressure
• Good written and verbal communication
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders to give information/find information/resolve problems
• Organisation and ability to time-manage work load
• Able to deliver a high standard of customer service
• The ability to develop and project a positive image of Great Places through personal, written and oral skills
REGISTER YOUR CV