The purpose of this role at David Lloyd is to assist in providing a professional level of service in the daily operation of the Centre’s Catering facilities – namely the DLicious Cafebar, ensuring that this service is delivered in accordance with quality assurance and specifications, legislation and standards expected.
Your daily duties will include the following:
– Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
– Preparation of basic meals
– Organising the storeroom
– Assist in stock taking and storage of stock, including checking deliveries
– Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
– Present food quickly and to company specification efficiently to ensure a smooth running of the kitchen.
– Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues.
– Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions.
– Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws.
– Be involved and contribute at all team meetings.
– Carry out instructions as given by management.
You will also be responsible for the care, proper use and cleaning of all equipment within the department used during the course of your daily duties responsible for the implementation of Statutory and company Hygiene and Health & Safety.
You will also be responsible for the completion of any documentation as required e.g. temperature logs, vending transfers, cleaning rotas etc.
This is a full-time position and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre.
You will work 5 days out of 7, including weekends, and your shifts could be:
6am – 2pm
10am – 6pm
2pm – 10pm
The programme is 12-15 months in duration and you will be employed on a fixed term contract. On successfully completing your Apprenticeship we would expect to be able to offer you continued employment and development opportunities.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £156.00
Application Deadline: 14-05-2018
Possible Start Date : 21-05-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV