Apprentice Chef VAC-33260
This listing has expired
We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who is eager to learn and in return you will receive practical training, development and progression within our hotel group.
We want you to be part of a fun and diverse team working together to provide great hospitality and producing excellent food. Our high standards allow us to make our guests have a ‘Stay Happy’ experience.
The Role –
• To contribute to the production of food items.
• To ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion and to the appropriate agreed standard and menu specification.
• To ensure excellent food hygiene and HACCP practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
• To avoid unnecessary wastage by observing proper control methods.
• Ensure that the kitchen equipment is in working order and report any maintenance issues immediately.
• To participate and get involved in training to maximise your potential
Apprenticeship Programme Benefits –
• Work a minimum of 30 hours whilst earning the national minimum wage for your age group.
• Achieve a Nationally Recognised Standard.
• Benefit from Coaching and Mentoring from Industry Professionals.
• Enhance your career prospects.
We expect you to –
• Be flexible and work different shift patterns that will allow you to be involved in all aspects of the operation including Saturday and Sundays – we do not operate split shifts and you will be given 2 days off each week.
• Be standards and detail driven to meet the menu specifications to be able to produce consistent visual and tasting dishes from our season changing menus.
• Behave and adopt our high standards in terms of behaviour, hygiene and cleanliness.
• Be a team player and interact and communicate with the kitchen and hotel team and sometimes even guests as well!
What you can expect from us –
• Varied and interesting work where no two days are the same!
• Flexible working hours with no split shifts.
• Working with individuals who are positive, willing, friendly, genuine and consistent who want you to succeed!
• A great company culture! Employee Satisfaction is over 80%.
• Reward and recognition of employees including birthdays, staff parties and long service awards
• Discounts on stays in hotels in the Group including 50% off Food in the hotel you are visiting
• Discounted rates for Family and Friends on hotels in the group.
• Uniform and meals on duty are also provided.
• Monthly engagement activities – we think having fun at work is important!
• Annual Charity Event which supports the company charity as well as local communities.
• Job specific Development Programmes to support you to be the best you can be.
• Happy Rewards – earn Happy Reward Points that can be redeemed on gifts that suit you.
• 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (or time off in lieu), increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days per annum.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 hrs/week shifts including eve’s & wkends
Weekly Wage : £126.00
Application Deadline: 18-06-2018
Possible Start Date : 25-06-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV