Apprentice Chef VAC-01321
This listing has expired
Duties will include learning how to prepare, cook and serve food. The candidate will also learn about food hygiene, food safety, the principles of HACCP and COSHH, the school food standards and the legal rules and regulations that govern the catering industry.
Duties will include learning how to plan and implement new menu’s and how to identify/manage allergens in food, training will also be given to the candidate in customer service via the company ‘SMILE’ programme as well as the following:
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
* Daily cleaning, Washing up and clean down duties to maintain clean and hygienic Kitchen and equipment.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 30 hours p/w M-F
Weekly Wage: £195.00
Application Deadline: 11-03-2019
Possible Start Date: 18-03-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV