Apprentice Chef VAC-01118
Under supervision, to work as a collaborative member of the Catering Team and deliver the best possible standards in terms of food quality, presentation and nutrition by preparing, cooking and serving meals in any of the College catering facilities, as directed.
Duties will include:
* Preparing fresh ingredients daily, assembling,finishing and plating up of dishes.
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
* Daily cleaning, Washing up and clean down duties to maintain clean and hygienic Kitchen and equipment.
* Undertake all necessary training on Food Safety,food handling and Health and Safety as necessary.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 37.5 hours per week on a rotating shift, Monday to Sunday
Weekly Wage: £295.50
Application Deadline: 15-01-2019
Possible Start Date: 21-01-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV