Apprentice Chef VAC-01152
No experience necessary but a desire to learn and a love of cooking and food are important. In return you will join a small team of dedicated staff and learn all aspects of how a kitchen works. The position includes working evenings and weekends.
• Learn to work safely and effectively serving Customers in a timely and polite manner and ensuring the area is to a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene standards.
• Present a high standard of personal hygiene when working with food
• Proactively assist with the delivery of hospitality events and evening functions in line with set policies and procedures
• Service food efficiently and safely when required or requested
• Understand and contribute to the back of house catering operation and team
• Contribute safely to appropriate food preparation and learn about safe preparation methods
• Learn about and practically implement safe ways of working with food
• Accurately follow safe working practices and ensure any equipment faults are reported to your Supervisor immediately
• Carefully follow cleaning schedules as directed by your supervisor
• supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed.
• using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy.
• Knife skills – the most basic of all chef techniques. Preparing veg is the only real way to hone your skills to enable the necessary coordination, accuracy and speed.
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 36 hours 5 days out of 7. 9am-10pm
Weekly Wage: £133.20
Application Deadline: 20-11-2018
Possible Start Date: 26-11-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV