Apprentice Chef – Charles Wells – Apostrophe – Merlins Cave – Chalfont St Giles
Apprentice Chef – Charles Wells – Apostrophe – Merlins Cave – Chalfont St Giles VAC-49230
Responsibility for cooking and preparing delicious food delighting our guests with every mouthful. Maintaining the highest standards of food hygiene, following all procedural responsibilities and adhering to menu item recipes. Work and promote safe working methods to protect Yourself, Colleagues and Guests.
▪ Help the Head Chef, Sous Chef and Kitchen Team to be the very best Kitchen Team by bringing energy, passion and fun to our business.
▪ Help the Head Chef and Kitchen Team to produce our food offer in line with menu development guidelines, adhering to operating procedures and driving guest satisfaction.
▪ Collaborate with Kitchen Team to support the creation and delivery of monthly specials.
▪ Follow and Promote policies and procedures to create a safe and secure place to work and visit therefore minimising the risk to food hygiene and health & safety.
▪ Help the Kitchen Team to maintain appropriate stock holding levels, minimising wastage and adhere to agreed portion control.
▪ Help the Head Chef to ensure your tasks are completed efficiently maximising sales and gross profit.
▪ Help the Kitchen Team to ensure equipment is responsibly used in accordance to operating procedures. Highlight any defects to Management Team in order to ensure that business continuity is not affect. Follow daily cleaning procedures to maintain hygiene standards. Ensure any risks are mitigated during a shift to ensure responsibility to Yourself, Colleagues and Guests.
▪ Support Kitchen Management Team in skills based training for all KP’s ensuring induction periods are conducted in a timely manner.
▪ Act as role model personal conduct, appearance, hygiene and time keeping.
▪ Prepare and Cook all Starters within 8 minutes, Mains within 15 minutes and Desserts within 5 minutes of order.
▪ All food preparation to be conducted in a safe manner adhering to all food hygiene and health & safety policies.
▪ Support in delivering product excellence to ensure Guest Satisfaction exceeds 85% through customers comment cards and trip advisor
▪ Support the Kitchen Team in preparing and cooking food for all quarterly food based themed evenings, helping us to ensure we fulfil 90% of our available capacity.
▪ Highlight opportunities to promote the food product on social media driving additional interest and footfall.
▪ Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed by daily checking Health & Safety and Food Safety Policy in relation to food storage, preparation, labelling and cooking. Adherence to action plans created by HC’s where necessary.
▪ Support in the achievement of a 90% score on all internal and external visits by CW, Hygiene Audit Systems, Environmental Health and / or any other nominated company or public bodies that may have a vested interest in our business.
▪ Support Kitchen Team to ensure Gross Profit exceeds 70% by adhering to company preparation levels, portion control whilst minimising wastage.
▪ Demonstrate continuous improvement and execute operational excellence participating in daily team briefings and periodic team meetings focusing on driving the business forward.
▪ Willingly perform ad-hoc duties as required.
Location: Chalfont St Giles
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : Minimum 30 hours per week (Including Evenings & Weekends)
Weekly Wage : £184.50
Application Deadline: 07-01-2020
Possible Start Date : 14-01-2020
REGISTER YOUR CV