Apprentice Chef – Generous George – The Raven VAC-40087
This listing has expired
As an apprentice for our Generous George pubs, it’s all about people. If you have a generous spirit want to start a career where you put people at the heart of everything you do then this apprenticeship is for you….
With your customers – you’ll be someone who is willing to go above and beyond to give each customer a great experience. You’ll be friendly and sociable and promote a friendly atmosphere, making sure that you being thoughtful and responsive to exceed our customer’s expectations -it’s our personality that makes the difference.
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join our team as an Apprentice Chef
You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim to delivering an excellent customer experience. You would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
• Ensuring all menu items and specials are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification
• Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum
• Receiving and checking food deliveries
• Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team
• Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly
• Maximising the full sales potential of the restaurant and ensuring high standards are maintained
With your colleagues – you’ll need to be a genuine team player. Your colleagues will know they can rely on you, and you’ll be a good communicator
With your standards – you’ll ensure great standards of cleanliness and that legal requirements are adhered to, and only serve top quality food and drinks to our customers
The Apprenticeships last for a minimum of 12-15 months and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Marston’s, you will gain a nationally recognised standard, giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Marston’s Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Marston’s career path.
The Benefits and Rewards:
As you’d expect from a name like Marston’s the rewards and benefits are competitive to say the least, but perhaps more importantly there’s ample scope and opportunity to make your mark, plus the genuine prospect of running your own pub sooner rather than later. For starters we can offer:
• A competitive hourly salary
• Your birthday off!
• The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
• Ability to develop through our Keyholder, Chef Development and Deputy Manager Programmes
• 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) and 30% discount at work
• Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension and save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
• Marston’s Rewards online discount scheme
• Long service awards
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : Wages are NMW for age: 16-17 is £4.20. 18-20 is £5.90, 21 to 24 is £7.38 and 25+ is £7.83
Weekly Wage : £177.00
Application Deadline: 07-01-2019
Possible Start Date : 14-01-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV