Apprentice Chef – Harvester
Apprentice Chef – Harvester
We want our guests to love visiting our pubs, bars and restaurants. So, if you can make it special by providing a friendly face from the moment a guest walks in, we want to speak to you.
You don’t even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, alongside your training, you will enhance your service and communication skills and become more confident along the way. Not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments and making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
• Help create a warm, friendly and welcoming environment
• Present our food and drink products perfectly
• Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
• Identify the needs of the guest to make every guest feel valued
• Responsibility for cash and company stock
• Be part of great team moments
• Show an appetite for personal development and learning
• Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
• A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 – 6 weeks,
• 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
• A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
• Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
• Feedback sessions to discuss progress
• Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
• 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
16-17 years old – £4.05 an hour
18-20 years old – £5.60 an hour
21+ years old – £7.05 an hour
Over the 12 month training program, apprentices will develop their skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to perform in a busy commercial kitchen.
At Mitchells and Butlers we are dedicated to providing a bright future for all of our employees. The Chef Apprenticeship is a great platform for those who love food and what to learn to become a great chef.
Once trained, to perform as a chef day to day in an operating kitchen.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Assist more senior chefs in preparing meals
2. Responsible for making superb dishes on time and to the required standard
3. Complete tasks set by Head Chef and Regional Trainer
4. Attend regular meetings with regional trainer (approximately every 4-6 weeks)
5. Work in a clean, tidy & safe manner
6. Undertake any company training as required
7. Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
8. Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
9. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by management
11. Comply at all times with the Company staff code of conduct.
12. Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
– Self-motivation and a passion for food
– Good work ethic and a desire to learn
– Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
What we will offer you:
On top of developing you to become a brilliant Chef Apprentice with us and paying you (obviously!)
• You’ll benefit from working in a fun and social environment
• Flexible shift options
• Up to 28 days’ holiday
• Plus, extra perks like 20% employee discount at our 1,700 restaurants & pubs and High Street shopping discounts.
16-17 years old – £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old – £5.00 an hour
21+ years olf – £6.00 and hour
A little bit about Mitchells & Butlers:
Established in 1898, Mitchells & Butlers is one of the largest operators of restaurants, pubs and bars in the UK, providing a wide choice of eating and drinking-out experiences through our well-known brands such as All Bar One, Browns, Harvester and many more.
Did you know?
• The amount of chips Mitchells & Butlers sells each year is equivalent to 186 Space Shuttles!
• We sell 12,000 bath tubs worth of custard with our desserts every year!
• 240 double decker buses, that’s the weight of peas we get through each year!
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 Hours Shift Work
Weekly Wage : £126.00
Application Deadline: 14-05-2018
Possible Start Date : 21-05-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV