Apprentice Chef – Railway Hotel – Greenford VAC-34095
This listing has expired
Greene King’s Local Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends – Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join our team as an Apprentice Chef at the Back of House.
The Apprenticeships last for 12 – 15 months, and will enable you to develop through a structured training programme. As an Apprentice with Greene King, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification giving you an ideal grounding for a career in the hospitality industry. Learning is all on-site, so there is no need for our Apprentices to attend college, and our Apprentices are all paid national minimum wage for their age, which is above the standard Apprentice rate. Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be supported by your Manager and our Apprenticeship provider too, so you will be given all the help and advice you need to succeed. Upon completion of the Greene King’s Apprenticeship Programme, you will be set up to develop further through the Greene King career path.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
Daily duties will include:
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
• Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% off meals at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : Minimum 30 hours per week including Bank holiday and weekends
Weekly Wage : £221.40
Application Deadline: 30-07-2018
Possible Start Date : 06-08-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV