Apprentice Civils Maintainer 31083
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
An excellent opportunity for two Apprentice Civils Maintainers to join Metrolink as part of the Customer Facing Assets team. This team is responsible for ensuring all of the Metrolink customer facing assets are in excellent working condition.
A normal day would include:
• Learning and developing skills in areas related to maintaining and repairing buildings, and other assets such as lifts, escalators, bridges, tram stops.
• A very much hands on role in the maintenance workshop and outside network-based role, working in a practical engineering environment, working as part of the team on the 24/7shift system.
• During the Apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in areas such as joinery, painting, maintenance and repair.
• Your continuous aim will be to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your apprenticeship, to become a fully competent team member on completion.
• The ability to work safely and effectively in a time constrained environment is an essential requirement of the apprenticeship.
• Successful applicants progressing to the later stages of the selection process will have the opportunity to discuss the specific roles with existing skilled Civils Maintainers.
• Working correctly at all times to the company Environmental, ISO quality and H&S procedures.
• Producing and maintaining accurate records in accordance with role requirements.
• Demonstrating continual commitment to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your apprenticeship
What you could go on to do
Progress within the company in the longer term. The company are looking for people who want to learn, grow and thrive in the organisation.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
• The successful candidate will have achieved GCSE minimum Grade C (4) in Maths, English, Science, I.T.
• A presentable young person with a desire to learn new skills.
• Willingness to work in a hands on engineering role
• Good interpersonal/ team working skills
• Dependable/ good timekeeping
• Positive, adaptable and flexible attitude to work and personal development.
• Mature approach and understanding of the work environment
• Ability to work in a logical organised manner. Also Shift Working
• Committed to a career in Light Rail Engineering.
• Good Communicator – verbal and written (emphasis on reports and documentation)
• Able to work safely in the workshop and On the Network
• Able to interpret specifications and technical information
• Ability to work effectively, efficiently and safely to schedules and deadlines
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education