Apprentice Commis Chef
Apprentice Commis Chef VAC-01139
As an apprentice Commis Chef with the Cowshed, you will be trained to carry out a range of food preparation work and basic cooking to a high standard using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
You will also support the chefs on their sections and rotate throughout all the sections as part of your training and development.
• Preparing ingredients for the section and senior chefs
• Measuring ingredients for chefs and any cooking you undertake
• Cooking and preparing sauces, vegetables, fish and butchery as per the specs at each section under guidance from the section chefs
• You will be required to work other sections too as part of your development and supporting the team
• Ensure you follow all rules and guidelines regarding health and safety
• Ensure anyone working in your section is trained on all equipment and aware of all risk assessments
• Manage your portion and waste control
• Keep your section of the kitchen clean and clear away fully
• Support the chefs and other sections throughout the shift
• Follow all direction given by the senior chefs during service
• Deal with deliveries and stock rotation
• Be presentable and clean for every shift
Job descriptions only reflect 80% of a role and are not an exhaustive list of duties. You are expected to carry out other activities that are within the scope of the role.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 30 Hours a week
Weekly Wage: £150.00
Application Deadline: 19-10-2018
Possible Start Date: 21-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV