Apprentice Commis Chef
Apprentice Commis Chef VAC-01143
The City Pub Company are an expanding collection of individual Gastro Pubs across South England. We are rapidly expanding, and are looking to bolster our already outstanding kitchen teams. You will be supported, challenged and developed alongside our excellent Chef development programme to grow your experience in the kitchen.
We are looking for an ambitious Apprentice Commis Chef who is ready for a new challenge and wants an opportunity to learn and develop new skills through our fantastic Chef Academy.
Supporting the Head Chef in the cooking and preparation of the menu, the Apprentice Chef will carry out daily duties as below:
* Preparing fresh ingredients daily, assembling,finishing and plating up of dishes.
* Participate in all opening and closing procedures including preparing food and equipment for cooking and service.
* Adhere to daily kitchen routines including cleaning, temperature checks and other duties related to food safety and Health and safety.
* Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, supporting team members and working on initiative without direct supervision at times.
* Perform stock takes, rotate stock, receive and safely store away deliveries as required.
* Understand and demonstrate awareness of food costs and prevent wastage of food and resources.
* Daily cleaning, Washing up and clean down duties to maintain clean and hygienic Kitchen and equipment.
* Undertake all necessary training on Food Safety,food handling and Health and Safety as necessary.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 45 hrs p/w
Weekly Wage: £371.25
Application Deadline: 24-09-2018
Possible Start Date: 01-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV