Apprentice Commis Chef VAC-01899
This listing has expired
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Apprentices who aspire for a career as a professional Chef, to join our Kitchen team and enrol on our 12-month course.
This fantastic opportunity will help you to achieve your qualification while working for a leading 5* hotel with a talented and enthusiastic team, where you will gain a Commis Chef Level 2 Standard Apprenticeship.
Our aim is to be an independent hotel driven by quality and the highest standards of individual hospitality and service, collectively we achieve outstanding performance.
To achieve this, we need to be driven, passionate, to believe in our vision, and to be excited about the journey we’ve started.
You are the heart and soul of our hotel and it’s you that will make our hotel so special. We recognise that employees at all levels need to be empowered and engaged to be able to deliver memorable moments to our internal and external guests.
We want you to feel valued, so as well as investing in our hotel, we’ve committed to investing in you and your long-term career development. Because we believe that The Landmark London can offer much more than just a job.
It is your chance to be part of something truly special.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
• To carry out all tasks as directed by your immediate supervisor/ manager and to assist in any other areas or duties within the kitchen/ hotel upon request
• To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled working hours (subject to change) and work to them on a weekly basis.
• To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled academy attendance and attend classes as required
• To take ownership that all apprenticeship tasks is up to date at all times and to make detailed notes of all new tasks performed in the workplace on a daily basis. And submit to your sous chef weekly.
• To work as an individual and as part of a team by assisting in the preparation of mise-en-place and service for the section / department.
• Complete a mise-en-place list for your daily tasks in order of priority and check with your supervisor prior to commencing work.
• To cook and present food to the correct standard as outlined in the outlet menu manual and as per standards recommended by Leading Hotels of The World.
• To take ownership on correct portion control and that wastage is kept to a minimum and to ensure that correct stock rotation is evident within the section
• To take ownership for kitchen cleanliness at all times. To take care of your uniform, your personal appearance and hygiene in accordance with hotel policy and procedure.
• To assist with any duties as assigned by the Chef de Partie.
Other Duties and responsibilities:
• To maintain good working relations with your team and all other members of staff in the kitchen.
• To attend all mandatory training shows.
• To comply and be aware of the hotel fire and emergency procedures.
• To be aware and to ensure personal compliance with all hotel Health & Safety procedures.
• To hold a valid basic Food Hygiene certificate and to work to the procedures as stated in the Landmark food safety manual.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 40 hours various shifts to cover demand around a 5:30AM start and 11PM finish
Weekly Wage: £318.24
Application Deadline: 23-03-2019
Possible Start Date: 25-03-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV