Apprentice Data Technician – Hull (HU1) – 16780
This listing has expired
We are a Microsoft Partner that specialises in creating engaging innovative solutions for SharePoint and Office 365. Our passion is to enhance the classroom and workplace with technology that delivers real benefits to schools and businesses.
We pride ourselves on being at the cutting-edge of SharePoint solutions in the world education market with customers in the UK and abroad.
We help our customers and the wider community through blogs, open source software and YouTube video guides.
Job overview / purpose:
As our customer base is growing, we are looking for a support technician to help us maintain our level of support to our new and existing customers.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
You will be joining the team to help us remotely install and support our range of SharePoint MIS integration products into schools.
The main products you will be working with are our range of integration products, linking the school MIS to SharePoint and Office 365.
Our work is conducted from our office in Hull, although some occasional travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow us to meet as a team and best support our customers.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Remotely supporting customers
- Analysing data and manipulating it through workflows
- Taking calls on the support desk
- Problem solving server and software issues
- Creating video tutorials
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post
The successful candidate will learn and use the following software through experience, guidance and self-learning:
- SharePoint and Office 365
- Visual Studio Code
- Notepad ++
- Our internal software
Key candidate attributes:
- Keen and willing to learn through research and practice
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
Any experience or examples of web design, Photoshop or simple web applications created as part of a hobby would be advantageous.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
8.30am – 5pm,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£7650 per year
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Career progression and development are available for all our employees
- Cloud Design Box are a growing business, and exciting new opportunities are being created to support our growth and our plans for the future
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV