Apprentice Developer – Wakefield (WF4) – 16883
This listing has expired
365 Response is a unique and award-winning software services organisation.
We’re different because we create solutions to directly respond to specific challenges. We collaborate with clients across multiple sectors to understand detailed requirements, identify gaps and then accordingly implement solutions.
The 365 Response team has the unique combination of a fast-paced innovative approach, an established system and unparalleled industry experience. We are proud to say that our solutions have helped our clients achieve improved service levels and significant cost savings.
Job overview / purpose:
To work in a small, dedicated team in a busy IT-based office and be responsible for developing industry-leading software applications that are fit for purpose.
To work collaboratively with other teams as well as working directly with the clients where needed.
To focus on quality and best technical approach to ensure the overall delivery of software is on time.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Write clean, well structured, documented and consistently error free code
- Adopt consistent standards and approaches to code development and documentation following the lead of senior developer
- Design and build database schemata with integrity and scalability which are optimised for performance and security
- Work with and contribute to building future-proof reusable core code libraries
- Take technical ownership over projects you are the lead developer on in order to deliver project solutions on time
- Efficiently manage your workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Review your project progress and report back clearly to your manager
- Make sure you understand the technical strategy and implementation of internal development stream activities and to understand how to use the software tools that the team has chosen
- Follow consistent processes set by the team while looking to offer constructive suggestions around new tools and ideas to enhance processes
- Freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas
- Keep up to date with the latest relevant software development technologies, methodologies, data protection and security threats
- Able to solve problems quickly and completely
- Proven ability to work under time pressures to meet tight deadlines
- Work to high standards and possess a desire to produce best quality software
- Be a team player with a strong team ethic
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Passionate about software development and a significant interest in emerging technologies
- MVC knowledge
- Experience in PhoneGap App development
- Experience with Google Maps API
- Have working knowledge of source code management tools and processes
- Experience of working in healthcare IT systems
- Experience with DevExpress components
- Web design skills
- .NET framework, HTML, CSS, JQuery and SQL Server plus general Windows skills
- Excellent Object Orientated development skills within a multi-tier architecture
Desired qualification requirements:
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£200 per week
Benefits / Future prospects:
- You’ll be part of a growing team on completion of apprenticeship, and if a position is available then you would be considered for the role
- 25 days annual leave per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV