Apprentice Electrician 2019 – Level 3 – London
This listing has expired
About the role
Apprentice Electrician – Level 3 – London
Qualifications required – 3 GCSEs or equivalent inc Maths and English
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in London.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Electrician. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
During the four year Advanced Apprenticeship you would complete the full framework on day or block release. After completing the Advanced Apprenticeship you would be given full support to develop into a qualified Electrician or may have the option to be supported towards a management role via a degree and professional status.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Electrician:
As an Apprentice Electrician, you would work within a team on our projects to assist with the installation and testing of high & low voltage electrical equipment in our rail business.
Who we’re looking for
- A level 2 Apprenticeship in a Construction or Building Services Trade or 3 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English or a Level 2 BTEC in Construction
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Have the ambition and motivation to work within the engineering and construction industry
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is essential
- You will have a willingness to learn
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the rail industry.
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a salary matching the JIB WRA rates and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
REGISTER YOUR CV