Apprentice Events Assistant VACO01476271
This listing has expired
Brief overview of the role
Arena International Events Group is looking for an Event Assistant Apprentice to join its expanding team. Arena International is part of a growing global media group which produces publications, websites, reports and events. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in event management across a wide range of B2B events.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm Weekends may be required and hours may vary according to Events. Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected apprenticeship duration
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To provide a comprehensive event assistant service for the International Events business by coordinating and managing all processes and procedures associated with running events.
• Proof reading event catalogues in conjunction with other departments before dispatch of final draft to printers To evaluate the delegate campaign on an ongoing basis with the Operations Managers and provide accurate and appropriate information
• To attend events on behalf of the company as and when required
e with the hotel on-site representative regarding the event coordination
• Man the operations office/help desk onsite; act as a company point of contact for all clients and ensuring that all the necessary materials are on site to run the event
• Supervise delegate arrivals at hotel venue
• To ensure that the event runs smoothly
Collecting of any outstanding payments on-site
• Resolve any problems or issues arising at the event
• Liaising with clients on-site in relation to the collection of evaluations forms
• Assisting of the dismantling of the event
• To liaise fully with all delegates in order to ensure that necessary information is communicated to clients and all necessary paperwork is received from clients in line with identified deadlines, to include:
• Courtesy calls to confirmed delegates and speakers
• Handling client queries
• Process event booking forms on receipt from client company’s via our Sales Order Processing department
• Create new event files and input all relevant information on appropriate systems
• Compile checklist for each event
• Co-ordinate with Design, Marketing and Sales in regards to all relevant branding, signage and catalogue information to ensure accurate
• Briefing documents, invitations and following up with attendees
• Guest list management including enquiries
• Maintain and update database as delegates are confirmed
• Sourcing of flights, hotels accommodation and all related matters (Visa, Transfers and Exhibitor Fees)
• Maintenance of full, accurate and up to date documentation, filing and procedures to meet the above
• Sourcing of AV and any external suppliers (Couriers and Printers)
• Control and monitor spending costs within the allocation budget
• Organising and checking arrival of equipment
• Monitor payment liaising with accounts and credit control as required
Requirements and prospects
• Good knowledge of IT competency, including word and excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to deal with a wide range of people at all levels
• Accuracy with an eye for detail
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organize workload often with conflicting time constraints
• Ability to use initiative and work largely self-directed
• Basic negotiation skills
• Time management and organisational skills with experience of reporting on activity
• Flexible team player, with ability to work under pressure
GCSEs in maths and English at minimum 4/C or equivalent.
Post-completion of your apprenticeship could lead to a higher level apprenticeship and possibly a permanent role with our client, who is committed to long term prospects for the right person.
About the employer
Global Data Publications Limited
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Arena International Events Group is looking for an Event Assistant Apprentice to join its expanding team. Arena International is part of a growing global media group which produces websites, reports and events. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in Event Management across a wide range of B2B Events.
Each year, over 10,000 business executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend over 80 Arena International events worldwide, addressed by over 1700 industry leaders delivering leading edge content and discussion. Arena International Events Group run a variety of events which include: workshops, conferences, competitions, dinners, forums and many more.
We have a large portfolio of established, annual events – many of them the flagship events within their respective industries. We also continually launch new events in order to react swiftly to the research findings, and to provide of-the-moment business gatherings which address head-on the challenges of an ever changing global environment.
John Carpenter House
John Carpenter Street
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship programme will be provided by the JGA GROUP who are teamed up with Realise Me and consists of the following elements.
• 7 face to face daily workshops led by Event Professionals
• Online Learning – completing tests, quizzes and assignments as part of the process of gathering evidence of learning
• Workplace learning: There is a mentor/coach assigned to each Apprentice
• The Apprentice meets with their mentor/coach every month for 2 hours to check on progression
• The mentor/coach works alongside the Apprentice and their Manager to ensure versatile learning and experiences are being given
• Coaching/Mentoring to ensure the Apprentice is ready for the end-point Assessment
The Events Assistant Apprenticeship is defined as an Advanced Apprenticeship, equivalent to A Levels and is designed to give a structured training programme for someone entering the Event Industry, covering the basics of Event Management.
The JGA Group
REGISTER YOUR CV