Apprentice Fitness Instructor VAC-47118
This listing has expired
1. To assist the Duty Manager in the effective running of the gym and classes providing a customer focused Service.
2. To deal with customer/service enquiries in a professional and positive way while ensuring that the service maintains a strong customer focus and remains committed to the principles of Customer Service Excellence Standard.
3. To complete the required training to attain a level 2 in a Fitness Instructor role.
4. To assist in ensuring the best possible customer orientated environment in terms of health and safety standards are followed at all times as specified in the agreed training plan. To report any injuries and accidents sustained in the gym to the Duty Managers.
5. To ensure that the gym is kept in a clean and hygienic manner for members to use.
6. Following training to carry out regular maintenance checks on all fitness equipment to ensure they are set up safely for member use and to follow clear documentation procedures, to report any necessary defects to the Duty Manages as specified in the agreed training plan.
7. To attend meeting and training courses as required by the nature of the post.
8. During quiet periods to assist with the general running of the gym which could include stock takes, cleaning of fight equipment (such as gloves/pads)
9. To wear the staff uniform provided when on duty.
10. Cover reception, which could involve opening or closing the gym following training completion.
11. Shadow personal trainers to support the Fitness Instructor training and understand how to:
a. assess people’s fitness and create personal exercise programmes
b. demonstrate activities, exercise machines and weights
c. helping people exercise safely
12. Any other duties deemed necessary and that are consummate with the requirements of the post.
In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties, however, should not normally exceed those expected of an employee at that grade.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 hours per week
Weekly Wage : £120.00
Application Deadline: 07-10-2019
Possible Start Date : 14-10-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV