Apprentice Gardener – Nurture Landscapes Ltd – Level 2 Horticulture
This listing has expired
Do you want to be a qualified gardener, skilled, with a trade and a great future? Based at their Hertfordshire site, Nurture Landscapes Ltd is looking for very special people who would like to learn how to maintain green spaces to a high quality and to build a future in amenity horticulture.
The hours of work will be 7.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) You’ll be given full support and training whilst working in the role to enable you to complete your Level 2 work-based Horticulture qualification.
- Assist the team of Gardeners undertaking the full range of garden maintenance to enhance the condition of the Estate
- Horticultural operations including formative pruning for a range of plants
- Annual seasonal bedding operations, pest & disease control, general grass cutting
- Watering of trees, shrubs and bedding plants and weed control
- Hedge cutting, irrigation, strimming, edge reformation, litter picking operations
- Ensure an efficient and effective response to incidents/emergencies
- Write basic reports on incidents that occur to enable accurate records
- Ensure that you observe safety procedures and use safe working practices
The successful candidate will:
- Have a real interest in working in a parks or landscape environment
- Enjoy working outside – sunshine or rain and willing to go the extra mile
- Be prepared to work in an environment where animals will be present
- Learn and develop skills in horticulture and have a willingness to learn about plants
- Team player with the ability to establish and sustain good working relationship
- Have excellent time keeping skills and be motivated, honest and reliable
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some information about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please get in touch with Tracy Pickston on email@example.com.
Best of luck!
REGISTER YOUR CV