Apprentice Grinder 30957
About this opportunity
A great opportunity to join a forward looking manufacturing company as an Apprentice Grinder, operating conventional and computer controlled machines.
An apprentice grinder would initially work through all site departments to develop a sound knowledge of the full range of company products, manufacturing and inspection processes.
The production machines are both conventional and computer controlled and your aim will be:
• Initial training in each production area to provide an understanding of the sites systems, procedures and processes.
• Developing your practical hands on skills to become competant in the safe efficient operating of machines produce the complete range of components and achieve skilled engineer status.
• accurate timely production of the total range of components
• develop your detailed knowledge of the production of components
• to continually improve and develop your skills and achieve skilled engineer status
The role is a shop floor, hands on based apprenticeship in Grinding, but you will also work in conjunction with all internal departments when required to provide assistance in other areas to ensure production is maintained to required levels.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
A minimum GCSE Grade C/4 in Maths, English, IT and Science.
• a presentable young person with ambition to develop to their full potential
• a willingness to gain knowledge and learn practical and technical skills
• work well with other team members and be prepared to assist wherever required
• dependable, good timekeeping with flexible approach when required.
• positive work ethic and approach to personal development
• ability to work in hands on shop floor role
• interest in engineering manufacturing processes
• be able to work in team environment, capable of working to targets and deadlines
• verbal and written communication skills
• must be able to demonstrate technical competence working to close tolerances.
• attention to detail in interpreting drawings and working to high quality standards
REGISTER YOUR CV