Apprentice Grounds Person – Somerhill School – Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at for a Level 2 in Horticulture for an Apprentice Grounds Person to join a dynamic and close-knit team at Somerhill School the successful apprentice will be working with the existing grounds team, working in a range of situations across the school. The Schools at Somerhill are based in an historic Jacobean mansion, situated in 150 acres of stunning parkland. A multi-purpose sports hall was completed in 2002 and complements the extensive playing fields, tennis courts and Astro pitch.
You’ll be working full time from 08:00am to 16:00pm Monday to Friday from winter until spring half term and 08:00am to 17:00pm from spring half term.
- Maintaining the natural and artificial sports pitches to a high standard ensuring they are safe and fit for purpose.
- Marking and setting out sports pitches for football, rugby, rounders, athletics, and cricket etc. as required.
- Using tractors/trailers, mowers, strimmer’s and other machinery to carry out work in the gardens and parkland.
- Learn awareness of Health and Safety regulations in the area of responsibility including handling of chemicals and dangerous substances.
The successful candidate will be:
- Learn and develop skills in horticulture and have a willingness to learn about plants
- Demonstrable ability to establish and sustain good working relationship
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative and to work alone
- Is GCSE maths and English qualified A – D or equivalent
- Be motivated, honest and reliable.
- To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached and you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some information about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please get in touch with Rita Khan on email@example.com or 0207 343 1870.
REGISTER YOUR CV