This listing has expired
Esky Hairdressing are seeking a new apprentice for their salon in Wilmslow. Under the direction of the senior management team, you will be working in a high end salon supporting experienced stylists, gaining valuable in the job experience as well as achieving your NVQ in Hairdressing.
Some duties will include:
- Blow – dry service
- Providing customer service
- Booking and confirming appointments
- General housekeeping of the salon
- Making beverages for clients
- Shadowing colleagues when possible
- Basic colours
- Basic cutting
- Providing client consultations
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear and concise written skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
- Experience is not required. The right candidate will have a positive attitude and a desire to learn and develop
- No formal qualifications are required for this role, although 3 – 9 grade GCSE’s in maths and English would be a distinct advantage
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include;
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business
Things to consider
You will be active the majority of the time. The salon has at least 1 late night per week.
This apprenticeship role also includes Saturday working.
About the employer
Esky Hairdressing is owned by Katy Rochford & Nathan Smith
They met in 2005 and worked together for many years before opening Esky.
Since Esky opened in 2015 the salon has been a huge success and become part of the local community.
The salon is often described as friendly, down to earth and extremely welcoming, this is thanks to the fantastic team of staff we have at the salon.
- Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Esky Hairdressing will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day
- If successful, you will complete an Hair Professional apprenticeship programme delivered through Esky Hairdressing’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment
- Hair Professional Standard Level 2
- Functional skills in ICT – level 2 (if GCSE A-C is not already achieved)
- Functional skills maths level 2 (if GCSE A-C is not already achieved)
- Functional skills English level 2 (if GCSE A-C is not already achieved)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV