Apprentice Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Engineer 31015
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
An exciting apprenticeship where you will learn how to install & service different types of heating, ventilation & air conditioning systems. You will be supported by our team of qualified & experienced engineers throughout the learning process.
A normal day would include:
• Hands on learning about how to safely install air conditioning units, associated pipework & ductwork, electrical supplies, controllers & condensate drainage.
• You will accompany our service engineers on planned preventative maintenance and service call outs. On these visits you will be shown how to maintain equipment, identify & remedy faults, and fill out service sheets for clients.
• Occasionally you may be required to top up an air conditioning system with additional refrigerant. You will receive hands on learning and supervision by our team who will teach you how to determine when this is required.
• Occasionally you will be required to empty an air conditioning system of its refrigerant to check for leaks. You will receive hands on learning and supervision by our team on how to do this safely.
• This apprenticeship will be an ongoing learning experience of how to safely perform your duties in line with various legislation such as the F-Gas reg ulations.
What you could go on to do
• A valued employee of this company as a fully qualified ventilation & air conditioning installation & servicing engineer in a local business that is keen to expand its team.
How you will be supported
• Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• English & Maths GCSE – Grade C/4 or above
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Willing to work on site and lodge away from home on a regular basis
• Demonstrate the ability to work with without supervision, and able to use own initiative, within the scope of your responsibility, with regard to problem solving
• Willing to accept responsibility for their own work.
• Self-motivated, positive and able to work under pressure
• Flexible and willing to do whatever is required to get the job done
• Able to follow procedures and instructions without supervision
• Work well with others and respond enthusiastically to new challenges
• Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
• Professional appearance and conduct, courteous and co-operative at all times
• Well organised, able to prioritise activities and work to deadlines
• Can work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to produce information in written form including completion of necessary work documentation
• Ability to demonstrate both commercial and environmental awareness with regard to their work activities
• Ability to develop new knowledge and skills to match technology and industry changes
• Willing to work extra hours in busy period
• Committed to quality and continuous improvement
• Adaptable, willing to learn new skills and work in other areas of the business if required
• Must be able to drive
• Good communication skills; verbal, written and electronic
REGISTER YOUR CV