APPRENTICE HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE/PLANT FITTER
APPRENTICE HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE/PLANT FITTER 31231
About this opportunity
Working in a large workshop environment, you will receive one to one tuition and 20% off the job training to gain the knowledge to repair and service a variety of plant, equipment and vehicles for internal service users and private customers.
A normal day would include:
Under supervision, the post holder will be responsible for:
• Cleaning of vehicle and machine interiors, exteriors, engines and engine components.
• To drive all vehicle classes as per licence entitlement
• Examination of vehicle and machine systems.
• Periodic servicing of vehicles and machines.
• Replacement and overhaul of components and units
• Identification and repair of faults in vehicles, machine components and systems.
• Implementation of diagnostic tests.
• Evaluate information and data interpretation of technical details.
• Correct use of tools and equipment.
• Maintain personal, public and workplace cleanliness to protect against hazards to themselves and others.
• To maintain and develop good relations with customers and clients.
• Any other work as required which is commensurate with the levels of responsibility of the post.
• Undertake and complete both formal training and TMBC training modules as required.
Please apply via this link: https://www.greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/TM-31042/
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• Math & English GCSE pass minimum C/4 grade.
• Enthusiastic and talented
• A keen interest in vehicle engineering
• A good team player
• Able to work on your own initiative
• Ideally you should also have or be working toward gaining a full driving license
• Highly organised with good written and verbal communication skills
REGISTER YOUR CV