Apprentice Human Resources Assistant
This listing has expired
We’re looking for enthusiastic, helpful and customer focused people to join leading bus company Stagecoach and benefit from a rewarding career with an apprenticeship. You could join the Stagecoach family in the North West and become part of an awesome team.
Principle responsibilities and duties:
Recruitment and Selection
- Carry out the administrative processes in the recruitment process
- Prepare recruitment documents
- Organise recruitment time tables
- Place adverts and log application forms and CVs
- Ensure all necessary employment checks to include right to work, qualifications, medical checks and references
On-boarding and Induction
- Administer the process for new employees.
- Prepare contracts, offer letters and process all pre-employment checks.
- Prepare induction packs for new starters
- Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place.
- Ensure that all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly 15th of the month and last day of the month payroll run
- For example, contractual variations, new starters, leavers, contractual benefits and staff benefits.
HR Database and Reporting
- Ensure the HR Database (Oracle) accurately reflects current staff conditions and details.
- Inputting all new starter details starters
- Provide appropriate reports from the HR database for the purpose of auditing and monitoring employee data
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner
- Calculate outstanding annual leave in accordance with the employee’s terms and conditions
- Arrange exit interviews to be conducted by the HR Manager
- Carry out general administration tasks to assist the HR Manager
- Sorting post and telephone answering
- Assist in devising standard Human Resources documents and letters.
- Respond to reference requests for current or ex-members of staff
- Ensure electronic and paper based personnel files are maintained and filing/archiving is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up to date Procedures Manual for all HR Administration duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft word and excel
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintaining confidentiality is essential
- Ability to work well under pressure to deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise personal workload
- Interest and enthusiasm to develop understanding and knowledge of HR best practice
- Personal resilience and the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure are essential.
- Regularly improve knowledge and skills through training and other personal development opportunities
- A good level of formal education including GCSE maths and English at grade C or above is essential.
- Experience in HR administration and an understanding of HR processes is desirable (not essential)
- Knowledge of HR databases would be a distinct advantage (Oracle)
- A desire to pursue the CIPD qualification is desirable however candidates with relevant experience and a real passion for HR will be considered
The role is intended as the successful applicant’s first step into a career with Stagecoach, with progression very much available.
About the employer
Stagecoach is the largest sustainable bus operator in the UK and serves over 100 communities in towns and cities in the UK.
- 3 million passengers every day
- 2,200 routes operated every day
- 699 million journeys a year
- 7,200 buses and coaches
- 20,000 employees
- 100 major UK bus depots
- 88% customer satisfaction
- 99.5% reliability
- A five year sustainability strategy to 30 April 2020.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer, Stagecoach. Stagecoach will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to upskill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning 20% will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Advanced HR Support apprenticeship programme delivered through Stagecoach’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV